Saturday, November 29, 2008

Cowboy Bebop

Well, I figured I should post about something to get me in a habit of doing it. And, I'd rather do something fun. Patrizzia really has our fun family stuff covered, so I'll talk about completely useless crap.

Which brings me to: Cowboy Bebop.

I first saw this Anime on Adult Swim back in 2001, and I was instantly hooked. Now, I am NOT a huge Japanese Anime fan. But, I think that this short series (just one season of 26 episodes and 1 movie) has the ability to be the Anime that can hook anybody who likes good writing and great direction. So, in the spring of 2002, I picked up the complete collection on DVD. And, I watched it rather quickly...and it sat on the shelf for 6 years...

until I found a free tool that can convert any of your DVD's into iPOD videos. So, a few weeks ago, I put the whole series on my iPOD (my favorite gadget ever). And, my 2 1/2 hours on the train every day flew by as I re-experienced the show that I loved.

It's hard to explain, but it's just worth checking out. There are some over the top goofy parts, but those are far and few in-between. Overall, the story-line is fantastic and will keep you coming back for more until the very end...making you wish it never ended.

Check out the first 5 minutes (after the opening credits) for this episode and tell me if that isn't one of the coolest sequences you've ever seen.

Session 20

No comments: