Monday, January 5, 2009

Family Time

I just finished 12 straight days of vacation, and they were spent staying home with Patrizzia and Miabella. Even though we each took turns being ill from nasty colds, it was still a wonderful time home.

Playing board games, playing with Miabella and her new toys from Santa, staying up way to late to watch Dexter (and other shows), relaxing in our basement, listening to music and dancing, waking up to calls of "Daddy, Mommy, hello....where are you guys," seeing Bolt with Miabella for her first movie, eating tons of junk food and just going about each day with no major rush or plans was fabulous.

I hate to get back to the grind today, but that's OK. It could be much worse. I just cherish those moments with my family, and I just wait for the end of each day to get back to them....and anxiously await the weekend to spend every moment with them.

I don't need much in life.

I only need them.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Awww, that is such a sweet post! I can feel the love oozing over here in Ohio! :) Happy New Year to all of you!

I'm Patrizzia's friend from SBO. :)

Patrizzia said...

You are the most amazing husband and father EVER. Thank you for being you. The vacation was wonderful even though all the sickies. I look forward to our next one! :)